Followers

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

"NEWBIE NOTE" (1)

There is so much to absorb by being actively involved in the photog community; especially if you want to improve your photography skills.  There is immeasurable information pouring in from every angle - tutorial after tutorial, workshop after workshop, comment after comment,  photo after photo...and so on.  Being a part of the community has by far, become an  addiction for me...I want to learn so much ...I am going to have to go "COLD TURKEY"...I'm eating, sleeping, and breathing anything that has anything to do with photography!!!  I just can't seem to get enough!  :)

Photography "Challenges" and "Contests' have proven to be very invaluable tools for me.  They have provided me much FUN and they have been quite educational.  Just from my mere observation of the thousands of photos that are uploaded weekly, I have learned so much ...most of it comes from the comments on "competitors" entries, by professionals and amateurs, alike.  It's great to learn about what areas you need improvement  in...yet it's good to know you don't stand alone (SHOUT OUT to my fellow newbies).

 There was a time...not too long ago, that I didn't feel "up to par" to enter photography challenges/contests,  and  I would skirt right by them.  The competition just seemed too steep for me...Have you been there?  I have gotten over that obstacle and I have since learned that I do have something to offer... and I enter as many challenges/contests as I possibly can...feeling, I am "up to par."
I  want to say to you ; one newbie to another, that  if you are having  doubts about entering  photography challenges/contests...STOP your doubting and GO AHEAD and enter.  That person who is about to push the entry button at the same time you are, is probably feeling the same way...but they went ahead and entered.   Don't let the opportunity to express your "picture writing" pass you by...SOMeONe wants to read it and learn from it too...I DO!

                                Capturing Moments.  Creating Memories.  Causing Smiles.

No comments:

Post a Comment